EMU 35WE "Impuls"
Technical data regarding vehicles of type 35WE operated by SKM (reference numbers 501-509)
- Design: 2011, NEWAG S.A. Nowy Sącz,
- Producer: NEWAG S.A. Nowy Sącz ,
- System: classic motor car + Jacobs trailing car + Jacobs trailing car + classic motor car + classic motor car + Jacobs trailing car + Jacobs trailing car + classic motor car,
- Cars connected with articulated joints – internal and external by Hűbner.
- Basic parameters
- Design speed 160 km/h,
- Operating speed 160 km/h,
- Acceleration with maximum load to 40 km/h: 1.0 m/s²,
- Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h with no load: 34 seconds,
- Acceleration 0 – 160 km/h with no load: 79 seconds,
- Braking deceleration: 1.0 m/s²,
- Empty weight: 197 t,
- Length 113.6 m,
- Maximum track bearing pressure 200 kN,
- Digital technology multiple-unit train control by MEDCOM,
- The vehicle meets the requirements of the Technical Specification for Interoperability regarding the admissible levels of noise emission by a railway rolling stock of all types,,
- The vehicle meets the requirements of the Technical Specification for Interoperability regarding safety in tunnels.
- Voltage supply: 3000 V DC,
- Pantograph: DSA 150.07 by Stemmann,
- Traction motor type: asynchronous 3-phase motor by TSA TMF 50-29-4,
- Axle configuration: Bo’2’2’Bo’+Bo’2’2’Bo’,
- IGBT technology Traction converters (1 inverter per 2 motors) by MEDCOM,
- Vehicle’s continuous power: 3200 kW,
- Max power drawn from the traction network 4000 kW,
- Number of traction motors: 8.
Pneumatic and braking system
- Pneumatic and braking system by Knorr-Bremse,
- Adapted for stops with platforms with a height over the rail top surface of 760-960 mm, floor height in doors 800-850 mm over the rail top surface. Additional steps from the ground level for staff and for potential evacuation of passengers,
- The vehicle meets the requirements of the Technical Specification for Interoperability regarding the accessibility of railway by person with reduced mobility,
- Body strength in accordance with norm PN-EN 12663:2002, category P-II car sets; and with collision scenarios according to PN-EN 15227:2008 category C-I,
- Internal lining from plastic profiles,
- Tilt windows secured by locks with air conditioning on,
- Sliding plug doors by ULTIMATE, opened with sensor switches with open button pressing memory, and secured with sensors and photocell against passenger squeezing,
- Entry to the driver’s cabin through a passenger compartment and electrical cabinet compartment,
- Welded body,
- Steel profile skeleton,
- Welded steel plating,
- Plastic front plating,
- Laminated windscreens, glued, with forced air heating and heating element in the glass,
- Side windows from tempered glass units,
- System of handrails for passengers,
- Luggage racks,
- Advertising panels,
- LT panel and HT panel located above the driver’s cabin and the middle section of the vehicle,
- Scharfenberg automatic coupler located at a height of 1025mm + 15mm - 5mm in accordance with norm PN-EN-15020 of 2011,
- Number of seats: 288,
- Number of standing places: 615 (5 persons/m²).
- Low voltage circuits 24 V DC,
- Auxiliary circuits 3x400 V 50 Hz,
- 2 static converters by MEDCOM,
- Air conditioning device by Thermo King, in accordance with norm PN-EN 14750 of 2006, category B of suburban vehicles,
- Event data recorder by ATM,
- Electricity meter LE3000plus by Elester,
- CCTV with recording by NEWAG,
- Fare collection and control system of the Municipal Transportation Authority in Warsaw,
- Three ticket dispensers per vehicle,
- Electronic displays,
- Advertising monitors,
- Automated stop announcement system,
- Passenger-driver intercom,
- Passenger counting system,
- Maintenance computer integrating the vehicle’s electronic systems,
- Wheelchair platforms,
- Strip and diode lighting,
- Halogen and red-diode reflectors.
- Bogies of type 27RSNd (classic motor bogie) and 72RSTd (Jacobs trailing bogie);
- First degree springing: steel springs,
- Second degree springing: pneumatic springs,
- Hydraulic shock absorbers,
- Monoblock wheel sets,
- Trailing wheel diameter: 840 mm,
- Driving wheel diameter: 840 mm,
- Minimum railway curve radius: 100 m (on technical rails for an unloaded vehicle at a speed of 10 km/h),
- Braking system:
- Basic pneumatic disk brake on each wheel of the wheel set,
- Electro-pneumatic brake,
- Pneumatic emergency brake,
- Electrodynamic brake,
- Spring parking brake,
The materials applied meet Polish Norm PN-K-02511 of 2000 “Railway rolling stock. Fire safety of materials. requirements.”
The vehicle was prepared for the assembly of devices of the European Train Control System ETCS.
The vehicle has the permission to operate the type of rail vehicle No. T/2012/0413, issued by the Railway Transportation Authority.
Mean energy consumption per kilometre 11.37 kWh/km,
Mean recuperated energy per kilometre 4.19 kWh/km*,
Data for route Warszawa Zachodnia platform number 8 – Legionowo Piaski – Warszawa Zachodnia platform number 8 at a schedule speed (with consideration of intermediate stops) of 36.8 km/h.
* - Recuperated energy depends on other vehicles drawing energy in a given energy supply area.
Michał Pieńkowski, Piotr Zagozdon, October 2012.