EMU 14WE "Halny"
Technical data regarding vehicles of type 14WE operated by SKM (reference numbers 107-108).
- Design: 2004, Energocontrol Kraków,
- Producer: Newag SA in Nowy Sącz (d. ZNTK Nowy Sącz SA), established in 1876,
- System: driving car 410B + motor car 309B + control car 410B,
- Cars connected with bellows – internal and external, which ensures retaining temperature and sound isolation – in one space,
- Installation reconstructed according to EN57 diagrams with the application of new devices: manipulators, contactors, switches, pneumatic boards.
- Maximum speed: 110 km/h,
- Acceleration with maximum load to 50 km/h 0.5 m/s²,
- Acceleration 0-100 km/h with no load 85 seconds,
- Braking deceleration 0.8 m/s²,
- Mean electricity consumption on route Warszawa Zachodnia – Warszawa Falenica during 48 minutes, depending on the vehicle’s load and external temperature 6.75 – 9.00 kWh/km,
- Mean electricity consumption on route Warszawa Rembertów – Warszawa Centralna - Pruszków during 41 minutes, with no load 5.36 kWh/km,
- Empty weight 132.6 t,
- Length 68.4 m,
- Maximum track bearing pressure 185 kN,
- Multiple-unit train control.
- Supply voltage 3000 V DC,
- Pantograph DSA 200-PKP,
- Traction motor parameters: series DC motor LKf 450, 3000/2 V, 955 r/min, regenerated motors,
- Axle configuration 2’2’+Bo’Bo”+2’2”,
- Traction motor continuous power 145 kW,
- Traction motor hour rated power 185 kW,
- Number of traction motors 4,
- Motor nose link bushing.
- Adapted for stops with platforms with a height over the rail top surface of 760-1060 mm, equipped in one step lighted after opening of the door due to a high difference in height of platforms at stops. In the front, additional steps from the ground level for staff and for potential evacuation of passengers,
- Internal lining from plastic profiles,
- Tilt windows secured with locks with air conditioning on,
- Number of doors – 12 (6 per side),
- Sliding plug doors opened with sensor switches and secured with sensors and photocell against squeezing,
- Entry to the driver’s cabin through a passenger compartment,
- Welded frame – brand new,
- Hollow profile skeleton – brand new,
- Glued stainless steel, aluminium, and plastic plating,
- Plastic front plating,
- Laminated heated windscreens,
- Side windows from glued glass units,
- Driver desk– European,
- System of handrails for passengers,
- Luggage racks,
- LT panel along a side wall,
- Connection with bogies: kingpins,
- Scharfenberg automatic coupler located at a height required by the EU (higher than in the previous rolling stock),
- Number of seats – 192,
- Number of standing places – 255
- The materials applied meet the Polish Norm PN-K-02511 March 2000 “Railway rolling stock. Fire safety of materials. Requirements.”
- Rotary screw compressor powered by an asynchronous motor 3x400 V, 50 Hz,
- Static converter,
- Air conditioner converter,
- Air conditioning device,
- Event data recorder,
- Electricity meter EM4T,
- CCTV with recording,
- Ticket validation system of the Municipal Transportation Authority in Warsaw,
- Electronic displays,
- Automated stop announcement system,
- Passenger-driver intercom,
- Maintenance computer integrating the vehicle’s electronic systems,
- Wheelchair lifts,
- Strip lighting,
- Halogen reflectors.
- bogies type 36AN and 23 MN (bogies modernised from EMU EN57),
- First degree springing – metal-rubber springs; second degree – coil springs,
- Shock absorbers – hydraulic,
- Wheel sets – hoop,
- Trailing wheel diameter – 940 mm,
- Driving wheel diameter – 1000 mm,
- Minimum railway curve radius – 80 m (on technical railway for an unloaded vehicle at a speed of 10 km/h),
- Braking system – SAB-Wabco, rail Vehicles Institute,
- Mechanical block brake,
- Manual brake – take-up screw for one bogie.
The vehicle has the permission to operate the type of rail vehicle No. T/2007/0136, issued by the Office of Rail Transportation.
Prepared by: Rafał Wodzicki and Piotr Zagozdon 9 August 2007.